Saturday, June 28, 2014

Carissa -Elbow pain - Gua Sha and Acupunture

CARISSA -I've been gone visiting friends and then at a conference (1st) for the last few weeks and ate some gluten, dairy, meat, alcohol and caffeine and over ate often and rarely felt full. The day I left my right elbow started to get stabbing pains.  Like a small pin pricking me deeply over and over.  This continued for the last few weeks.  I think the intense pain in my left arm from wrist and especially in the neck and shoulder has gone somewhat numb and therefore hasn't been hurting as much.  I went to our local acupuncture clinic for the 1st time. I've had it before but have not been to this new place.  The woman was filled with radiance and calm.  After looking at the back of my shoulders she said that Gua Sha is what I needed and showed me pictures etc...After oiling she scraped my back with a special instrument.  It is red from the blood coming to the surface.  I am to stay out of wind and sun for a few days while it heals. She said I will need at least 3 more treatments.  She also did acupuncture-but a light one - as she said she didn't want to do to much.  It is time to get back on nourishing my body with food that feeds it's vibrancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment